SLP Grant Program
In an effort to assist in the development of tourism within St. Landry Parish, The SLP Tourism Grant Program was established. The Program, managed by the St. Landry Parish Tourist Commission (SLPTC), is designed to provide financial assistance for the marketing of tourism-related events and special projects throughout St. Landry Parish. The goal of the Commission is to encourage tourists to experience rural Louisiana customs, traditions, and culture in St. Landry Parish. Therefore, projects must seek to promote and preserve the art, cuisine, culture, history, language, and regional music of St. Landry Parish while generating room nights and economic return for local and parish governments.
The program also aims to educate tourism industry partners on the basics of marketing and grant writing. The Commission seeks to provide a program for those who are new to grant writing in the hopes that this experience will prepare them for state and federal funding opportunities.
The Program has two funding opportunities. Applicants may apply for one of the following each grant calendar: The Project Assistance Grant or the Event Marketing Assistance Grant. Both funding opportunities provide marketing and promotional assistance for tourism projects in St. Landry Parish. For more information about each grant, please download and read the guidelines below.
Please download grant material using the links below. You will find instructions for each application in the guidelines.
- Event Marketing Assistance Grant Guidelines + Grant Schedule
- Event Marketing Assistance Grant Application
- Project Assistance Grant Guidelines
- Project Assistance Grant Application
- Application Download Instructions: Click the link for the grant you would like to apply for. The application will open in a new web browser. Download the document first, by clicking the “down arrow” in the top right-hand corner. Open the document in your Recent Downloads Folder. Click “Save As”, change the document name to the name of your event/project and save it in a place that’s easy to find such your Documents Folder or Desktop. Complete the form, save it, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Documents: Event Marketing Assistance Grant